Vacancy: Applications Engineer.
Dublin South. Ireland Date: 15th March 2018.
Position: Field Applications Engineer – Dublin.
Ideally 2 years’ experience either as an FAE or similar technical role.
Reflective Measurement Systems Ltd (RMS) are a young dynamic and innovative technology company founded in 2013 to develop vehicle mounted road asset performance technologies to assist road authorities safely and economically manage road surface assets such as road markings, cat’s eyes, barrier reflectors etc. RMS are producing market disruptive (patent pending) technology (RetroTek) that will assist road stakeholders understand the readiness of road networks for Advance Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) in vehicles and Semi-Autonomous and Autonomous Vehicles.
RMS are expanding rapidly across Europe and the USA and require an APPLICATIONS ENGINEER for a broadly scoped and challenging role covering hardware-mechatronics, software, integration & test on the one hand, and customer related interaction on the other. We are looking for someone who will become an expert in the complete system, who will understand how the whole product works and is not limited to one area of expertise.
Working with a small dynamic team of engineers, The Applications Engineering role is varied between customer interaction, product build & test, product installation and commissioning, product documentation and training, and product use in some cases for survey work. The successful candidate will be give thorough and in-depth training of the company’s technology and products to be relied on by customers as a trusted technical advisor and partner in their application design. The AE will provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support to customers. A lot of overseas travel is expected, and a clean drivers licence is essential as driving abroad will be required.
Essential Technical Skills for this role:
- Ideally qualified to at least diploma level in a mechanical, electronics or electrical discipline.
- Experience with prototype building and debug including hardware, electronics, optics, cameras, illumination.
- Ability to develop appropriate tests for new product or product enhancements, and to perform such tests and provide feedback to developers.
- Experience with analysing data & creating reports based upon results and validating corrections to conclusion.
- Experience of wireless networking/data communication.
Customer Facing Skills:
- Travel to customer sites and provide installation, set-up, calibration and customer training.
- Provide remote and on-site support, including documentation of customer interaction, issue logging and feedback on issues or enhancements.
- Good communication skills required to ensure accurate description of issues to R&D and accurate responses to customers.
- Management of timely feedback to customers.
- Ability to prioritize support, identify key opportunities
- Self-reliance, able to work alone, but know when to seek assistance
- English language skills are a requirement.
- Ability to join conference calls, write short reports and gain an in-depth understanding of a large collection of datasheets, application notes and user guides (all in English).
- Confident and respectful with customers.
- Qualified with the ability to be assertive when appropriate.
Interested applicants should have:
- Ideally 2+ years’ experience either as an AE or product development engineer in an OEM manufacturer.
Please apply only in writing or email to the following: –
Attention: Chief Applications Engineer.
Reflective Measurement Systems Ltd.
59A Rear 59 Terenure Road East,
Dublin 6. D06 E5FI.
Web Site: www.reflective-systems.com